Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday Surprise - Child Protection

Today is for my boy...he is sweet, kind, thoughtful, polite, maddening, smart-alecky, frustratingly able to push every one of my buttons until I am so mad I can't see straight, then walk over to me, lay his head against my side, smile up at me so sweetly it makes me want to weep, and say "Mommy, I love you." That's all. That's all he needs to do, to re-wrap me around that little finger of his.
Every night since his conception (don't ask me how I knew, I just did...) I have either re-built the shield around him, or strengthened it. I have missed a few nights when I was extremely ill, but, even though it is "built" in such a way that it doesn't need to be attended daily, I still do it. It keeps me connected to him, allows me to send extra energy to areas that are in need (like when he's sick), and calms me as much as it protects him....
The initial "shield was created by visualization of a ball of deep blue protective energy being created around him. I do the outline first, clockwise, while saying


"Circle of power & protective energy, return all negativity to the sender by three"
three times. Once created, the spell is spoken:

"North to South (visualize the "ball starting to form as the top & bottom come together) East to West (same visualization, only the sides are now forming)

"North to South, East to West,
Protect this child, do your best
Keep him safe and free from harm,
Keep him dry, keep him warm,
Let to those who wish him ill,
Their wish return with vengeance & will
Let him be always, happy & free

This is my will, So Mote It Be!"

As the last line is spoken, I place my hands on the shield and "ignite" it with Deep Pulsing Blue protective energy. The shield is filled with the beautiful Green of good health & healing, as well as a muted, calming Peachish color. These energies surround him fully, as well as fill him fully...
I have a few more things child related to share today. I have included credit to the author, when I know who it is :)

Child's Bedtime Prayer

Day is done
It's time for bed
Goddess bless my sleepy head
Earth and Water
Air and Fire
Bring gentle dreams as I retire
When the morning sun does rise
The God will bless my open eyes

Author Unknown
Sentinel Spell


To protect a child at night, light a white candle and some incense on the floor of the child's room. Take a toy that looks like it might scare monsters under the bed (a lion, tiger, bear or dragon) and pass it over the candle and through the incense smoke. Sprinkle the toy with water and salt, saying:"Elements of Fire, Air, Water and Earth, charge this sentinel. Drive away all scary things. Only good may pass!" Place the sentinel in a spot where it can oversee the room and the child. Recharge once a week.
*A sidenote here - we've not had many "afraid of..." problems with our boy, but for a short period, he did have some issues. We have a (growing) collection of dragons in our home. Daddy took one of his small dragons into the boy's room, and placed it on a high shelf where it could see & be seen, and told Shayne that he now had his own "Guardian Dragon" (like he doesn't have enough...) It worked like a charm...uhhhh, no pun intended....


Child's Protection Bracelet
By: Kirin Lee

A special kind of bracelet was used to protect children in ancient Egypt. It utilized the number seven, which the Egyptians considered to be a magic number. To make your own bracelet, string seven agate and seven gold-colored beads on a thin cord in an alternating pattern. While doing this, concentrate on your purpose and visualize the bracelet protecting your child. Knot each end to keep the beads in place. You may put knots between the beads if you wish. Leave enough cord on each end for tying the bracelet around the child's wrist. If it's too large, wrap it around the wrist more than once before tying.

For My Child

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry,
and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink,
and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.
Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and
keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow
bubbles.
Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.
Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second-guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald’s and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys.
Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.
Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.
Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that Mother Goddess has given me the greatest gift ever given.
I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.
And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank my Goddess for you, and ask her for nothing, except one more day.............

clip_image001


Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions/recipes on this list. It is the reader's personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog.

No comments: